We are currently looking for an experienced Senior Ecologist to join our Derbyshire office, located within the Peak District National Park.
We are offering a great opportunity to become a key part of a well-established and experienced team of ecologists, working on a varied portfolio of interesting, complex and high-profile projects for a wide-range of clients.
We invest in training to allow our staff to develop in all aspects of consultancy work and we pride ourselves on providing sound, objective advice and high quality technical work to our clients.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work for one of the UK’s largest and most experienced independent ecological consultancies within a friendly, intelligent, and supportive team
- An attractive office location the Peak District National Park within easy commuting distance of Sheffield
- Professional development to further develop your field survey and consultancy skills
- A competitive salary and benefits including a flexible working policy, contributory pension scheme, 25 days annual leave and childcare vouchers amongst others.
What we are looking for:
- Previous relevant professional experience (a track record in ecological consultancy / in the ecology sector)
- A technical specialism and / or one or more protected species licences
- An in-depth knowledge and understanding of the planning system and current wildlife legislation
- Confidence in written and verbal communication and a demonstrable track record in both
- Project management experience
- The ability to understand, identify and resolve ecological issues
- A track record working directly with clients and other professionals in project teams
- A genuine enthusiasm for ecology and the environment in the UK
- The desire to promote high professional standards in ecology
- An organised approach to work, flexibility and a high level of motivation
- A proactive approach to learning
- A good BSc or an MSc in a relevant subject
- A full driving licence.
Please apply by sending a CV and covering letter to Rowena Scott-Campbell email@example.com by Monday 4th December 2017.