SENIOR ECOLOGIST, NEWCASTLE (£27,000 – £38,000)
This is a great opportunity to join our experienced, friendly and innovative Newcastle team, and one of the most successful and well-established independent ecological consultancies in the UK.
You will take responsibility for complex, high-profile and ecologically interesting projects. We will work with you to develop your skills in all aspects of ecology and consultancy work through mentoring, a structured review process and tailored training programme.
Our Newcastle office is attractively placed on the riverside with excellent transport links and local amenities.
In addition to a competitive salary and 25 days annual leave, we offer benefits that include flexible working, private healthcare, company-funded social events and health and well-being benefits.
Why work for BSG Ecology?
- We are a multi-award winning, highly respected, industry leading consultancy with a strong reputation for technical ability amongst our clients and fellow professionals.
- All our ecologists have the opportunity to work on projects across a wide range of sectors including heritage, renewable energy, residential, leisure and minerals and with a diverse range of clients.
- We are committed to investing in training and career development. We have a structured programme of internal training for new starters that is complemented by additional external training and mentoring.
- Health and safety and staff wellbeing are at the forefront of everything we do. We recognise the importance of maintaining a good work life balance. We do this through careful resourcing of work, the implementation of robust TOIL policies and flexible working arrangements.
- We have sophisticated cloud-based project management and tailored GIS systems, allowing us to work across offices and remotely.
What we are looking for
You will have:
- Relevant professional ecological experience (ideally including at least three years of ecological consultancy)
- A broad ecological skill-set and, ideally, one or more protected species licences
- Knowledge and understanding of the planning system and current and evolving wildlife policy and legislation
- Confidence in written and verbal communication
- Effective project management and client liaison skills
- The ability to identify, understand, and resolve ecological issues
- Enthusiasm for ecology and the environment in the UK
- The desire to promote high professional standards in ecology
- An organised approach to work, flexibility and a high level of motivation
- A good BSc and / or MSc in a relevant subject
- A full driving licence and access to your own transport
How To Apply
Please send a CV, along with a covering letter telling us about yourself and what you feel you will bring to our team, to Rowena Scott-Campbell (email@example.com) by Friday 2nd December 2022.