This is a great opportunity to join our well-established and friendly Oxford team, and one of the most successful independent ecological consultancies in the UK.
Our office is in a small business park on a diversified farm at Cassington, just north of Oxford; staff can make use of a heated swimming pool, tennis courts and an on-site café.
You will take responsibility for complex, high-profile and ecologically interesting projects. We will work with you to develop your skills in all aspects of ecology and consultancy work through mentoring, a structured review process and tailored training programme.
We are particularly looking for more experienced candidates including those with specialist interest in bats (including tree climbers), badgers, water vole, holders of mitigation licences, botanists and strong project managers.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer benefits that include a flexible working policy, 25 days annual leave, private healthcare, company-funded social events and health and well-being benefits
What We Are Looking For
You will have:
- Relevant professional ecological experience (ideally including at least three years of ecological consultancy)
- A broad ecological skill-set and, ideally, one or more protected species licences
- Knowledge and understanding of the planning system and current and evolving wildlife policy and legislation
- Confidence in written and verbal communication
- Effective project management and client liaison skills
- The ability to identify, understand, and resolve ecological issues
- Enthusiasm for ecology and the environment in the UK
- The desire to promote high professional standards in ecology
- An organised approach to work, flexibility and a high level of motivation
- A good BSc and / or MSc in a relevant subject
- A full driving licence and access to your own transport
Why work for BSG Ecology?
- We are a multi-award winning, highly respected, industry leading consultancy with a strong reputation for technical ability amongst our clients and fellow professionals.
- All our ecologists have the opportunity to work on projects across a wide range of sectors including heritage, renewable energy, residential, leisure and minerals and with a diverse range of clients.
- We are committed to investing in training and career development. We have a structured programme of internal training for new starters that is complemented by additional external training and mentoring.
- Health and safety and staff wellbeing are at the forefront of everything we do. We recognise the importance of maintaining a good work life balance. We do this through careful resourcing of work, the implementation of robust TOIL policies and flexible working arrangements.
We have sophisticated cloud-based project management and tailored GIS systems, allowing us to work across offices and remotely.
How To Apply
Please send a CV, along with a covering letter telling us about yourself and what you feel you will bring to our team, to Rowena Scott-Campbell (email@example.com) by Monday 11th July 2022.