We have a detailed understanding of ecology issues at minerals sites and can provide technical input at all stages of a project. Our project experience includes large-scale quarries, quarry extensions, brick pits, gravel pits, secondary open-cast mineral extraction and reclaiming former collieries throughout the UK. BSG Ecology is an active member of the Minerals Products Association.
We provide ecological advice on:
- Minerals planning applications, including new mineral extraction, quarry extensions, and re-development of former mineral sites for secondary material extraction and for housing development;
- Consolidation planning applications and time extension applications;
- Habitats Regulations Assessment (HRA) Screening and Appropriate Assessment;
- Reviewing and updating of old mineral planning permission conditions (ROMPs);
- Site restoration and management of biodiversity.